Alcohol and Teenage Girls
The abuse of alcohol by teenage girls is exponentially becoming a more prevalent problem, so it is wise for concerned parents to keep an eye out for a signs that denote the need for professional intervention and therapeutic assistance. For immediate help, call 888-390-8366.
Teenage girls do not metabolize alcohol as easily as the opposite gender, for they generally weigh less and have less water in their bodies, which makes their internal organs more vulnerable to toxicity. This also means that they get drunk faster than their male counterparts which makes them more susceptible to date rape because of lowered inhibitions and impaired judgement. The effects of alcohol on development and growth of adolescents is enormous, and girls who report drinking have more incidents of depression, anxiety, and other psychological problems.
Warning Signs of Alcohol Abuse in Teenage Girls:
- Mood swings, volatility, emotional upsets, unexplained/unjustified feelings
- Voluntary prolonged periods of isolation in room
- Alcohol missing from cabinets, fridge or cellar
- Stealing or borrowing money for unknown reasons
- Lying about where they are and with whom
- Ditching school or extracurricular activities
- Spending much less quality time with family
- Slurred speech, unfocused eyes, strong smells on person
- Drop in academic performance
- Loss of interest in usual hobbies and activities
- Oppositional defiance, disrespect for authority
There are many negative effects of drinking alcohol for teenage girls, but first of all it is illegal and could lead to serious trouble. Besides wrecking havoc on the lives of adolescents and their families, it can impair brain development, altering the way someone thinks and acts for a lifetime. It is imperative for parents of teenage girls who are dealing with alcohol-related issues to seek professional assistance in order to bring about rehabilitation, so that lives may be restored before they are in ruins.
Re-Creation Retreat: Helping Heal the Lives of Teenage Girls
Teenage girls are more likely to form alcohol dependencies, so there are facilities specifically designed with their needs in mind to implement long-lasting positive behavioral change. Re-Creation Retreat will help teenage girls detoxify and overcome their addictions while therapeutically addressing underlying psychological and emotional issues. Do not hesitate to get your daughter the help they need to find peace of mind, body, and spirit. Call 888-390-8366 for a free consultation with a child-placement specialist today.