Admissions Process at Re-Creation Retreat
Enrolling your teen girl (ages 13-17) in a residential treatment program can be highly stressful to both the parent and the child. At Re-Creation Retreat, our Admissions Process is easy and therapeutic, and purposely designed to assist, support, and guide you in a therapeutic and healing manner. In most cases, parents work directly with our Admissions Coordinator and front office team.
We realize the importance of parents receiving personalized support and assistance from the leadership of Re-Creation Retreat. Many details need to be addressed before, during, and after enrollment. The pre-enrollment phase involves assessing the child’s suitability for Re-Creation Retreat. To ensure the highest quality of care it is necessary to assess the status of each girl prior to enrollment. This assessment will enable the Admissions Coordinator to create the best match between the student’s needs and our therapeutic team.
The staff of Re-Creation Retreat is acutely aware that the actual enrollment process and the post-enrollment period can be a very challenging time for both the parent and child. Every aspect of this transition period is handled with the utmost care, to create an environment for positive change resulting in feelings of hope of a new future for both the parent and the girl.
Pre-Enrollment Assessment Criteria:
Qualifying Criteria (typical issues of our residents)
- Unsuccessful attempts of outpatient therapeutic intervention or failure to progress in a less intense program
- Failure to attend or participate in outpatient therapy
- Abusive or unhealthy relationships (including dating relationships)
- Ungovernable behavior, lying, and blame-shifting
- Dangerous drug and/or substance use
- Unresolved issues such as; mood disorders, attachment disorders, conduct disorders, and learning disorders
- Failing in school as a result of non-attendance and/or non-compliance
- Non-compliance to court orders
- Self-destructive behavior.
Disqualifying Criteria (our program does not accept girls with these characteristics)
- Sex offenders, adjudicated youth, court-ordered to youth corrections “Secured Care.”
- Cognitive impairment below 70 on full-scale I.Q.
All required Admission Forms are completed prior to your daughter’s arrival. For a complete review of this process please contact Admissions. For information on financing tuition costs, insurance coverage, and financial assistance, please call our Admissions Staff at 888-390-8366.
Transportation to Re-Creation Retreat:
Transporting the adolescent from home to Re-Creation Retreat is a sensitive matter from both emotional and security considerations. There are several alternatives available to the parent, depending on the individual circumstances. If you are worried about transporting your girl, please discuss the options that are available with Admissions.
Need a Loan?
We have partnered with Prosper Healthcare Lending as a potential lender. It simplifies the process of paying for your daughter’s treatment. Working with a national network of specialized lenders, their compassionate loan consultants will help you find the most suitable financing option while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality. Click the banner to the left for more information. To further clarify and discuss the admissions process, please contact us at 888-390-8366.